What Can You Do?
If you have concerns about the proposed residential and commercial development
on the Southlands, the time to make those concerns known is now.
- Write/email Mayor and Council expressing your concerns about both the development and the
Mayor-Council@corp.delta.bc.ca, or Mayor and Council
The Corporation of Delta
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent
Delta, BC V4K 3E2
- Send a copy of your letter/email to The Optimist and the South Delta Leader.
- Write The Optimist and the South Delta Leader directly with your concerns.
- Talk to your friends and neighbours about your concerns and especially draw their attention to the fact that approval of the Century application for development on the Southlands will contravene the recently approved Tsawwassen Area Plan, which designates Southlands as Agricultural.
- Attend the public information meetings scheduled by the Council to voice and record your objections in writing.
- Should Council ignore public opinion and approve a draft bylaw allowing development on the Southlands, attend the consequent public hearing to record your objections.
Previous applications for developments on the Southlands were all defeated because the
residents of Tsawwassen came forward and said a resounding NO! That time is here again.
Voice a resounding NO! to any change in the Tsawwassen Area Plan that allows
development on the Southlands, which would destroy the farmland, and impose unwanted massive change on our community.
Please watch the local newspapers for any changes in the meeting dates. Unless you attend meetings and register your views your opinion will not be heard. Ignore this issue at your peril. You can make a difference.